<  Technical  ~  Nankang V Maxxsport

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 pm
Hi,
After having a good chat with the lads in A9, I have reduced my mental mods list :-) for my 2018 running MX5, one thing I will swap is to the Nankang AR1 or Maxxsport RB5 (Soft) tyres, the prices I have seen are roughly the same for either make, so has anyone tried any of these tyres?,

Thanks in advance for any replies

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 am
User avatarPosts: 1207Location: BroxburnJoined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Two different styles of tyre, may well depend on your personal preference in handling.

BUT lots of experience in A2 and A8 to share in paddock and let you do "touch and feel" :)

YouTube: MatraEtAlpine

'Ring: Visit and ride
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:02 am
Hi Metaa thanks for coming to the rescue again lol, I was going to pop over and say hello if its you in the rx8?, but will be at doune so if the rx8 is you will introduce myself.

I was looking at the web last night and as mine is a sport thought it would have had 15" wheels until I read that some if not all sports came with 16" wheels wow will that increase the tyre price, from around £70 a corner to £117 all plus the dreaded VAT, better get some overtime booked in :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:00 am
RBR-Racing wrote:
Hi Metaa thanks for coming to the rescue again lol, I was going to pop over and say hello if its you in the rx8?, but will be at doune so if the rx8 is you will introduce myself.

My anniversary weekend, so I'll be doing a fleeting visit on Sat to get a practice time in and will be leaving ( withj CoC permission :) ) right after my timed runs. So if/when you see me , don't hang around :) :)

Do the smaller wheels let you run small circumference tyres - and get faster acceleration ? :)
Worth checking :) :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 am
Wow your a brave man,going racing on an anniversary , my wife would kill me lol. Brought the car home yesterday not the best start got about a 1/4 from the guys house ready to find a fuel station and hit the M6 and nose to tail tailback due to an accident so picked an alterantive route in the good ole sat nav, no probs I thought just put the fuel station in the sat nav, fuel light on 17 miles later I get to the fuel station and its been shut down, by the time I find another 8 miles on, I must have been on fumes if its a 5 l reserve.

I can seem to mind any 15" wheels for sale so will bite the bullet and fit 16" tyres to my wheels and see how we go, just learning the hills so wont be setting the world on fire, but so long as I enjoy it and have some fun its all good

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 am
Problem is EVERY Doune is falling on or near anniversary.
It costs me :) Problem each year is it seems to get more exclusive ( £££ :( )
Be cheaper if I could convince Billy to move the event date !!!!

Yeah the learning curve for the tracks is the first hurdle, you can think about wheels/tyre slater :)

Nearly run out of fuel ? Well at least it wasnt at an event ..... me :(

Offline Profile