<  General Speed Chat  ~  C4..... Who's out in what next season?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 653Location: AberdeenshireJoined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:38 pm
Bit quiet on here of late

So, C4 for 2018.... Anyone out in new cars or tweeking their current ones?.... Any news of cars retired to sheds and garages returning??

For me,... Back out in the old Image.... Keeping this year's tyres so may spend their money on new shocks instead (current ones are prehistoric even by my standards!!)..... Would like to re-do the undertray (and maybe the rear wing).... But that would be dependent on those jobs reaching the top of the Boss's list... Currently standing at 243 pending items!! :D

Fess up you 1100 lot!!.... What's in the pipeline

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 895Location: AberdeenJoined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 pm
Well I am going to make new engine mounts spacers as the incorrect fitment caused cracking last year. Am considering making an engine cover but expect this is a project too far.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:49 pm
Got a long list of jobs to convert mine from road going mx5 to Hillclimb/Sprint MX5, as soon as I get the spanners out the heavens seem to open, but it will be my first season so as long as I get it all done by the start of next years season it will be all good

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:56 am
User avatarPosts: 390Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 pm
Blimey you'll have a fair bit to do to get an MX5 into C4 but it'll be some bit of kit when you're finished.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:57 pm
Posts: 53Location: LanarkJoined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am
I'll be out in my OMS 2000M,the one that made a very brief apperance at the June Doune(twenty feet in the paddock....!)Hopefully fit the thing a bit better too once Mr Owen has lengthened the chassis by six inches :eyebrows:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 116Location: aberdeenJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:03 pm
i'll be out in my Jedi. Boyndie got me interested again thankfully. New tyres a must.
Might just get my super duper shiny new roll hoop cut out and get the new smaller diameter 2018 approved MSA roll hoop fitted instead. Maybe I should have fully skipped a season and done SFA.
Will be good to see a full turnout of C4's.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 4Location: Stuartfield/EllonJoined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:30 pm
Will be out in the PR again for a few hills next season, just new tyres hopefully. Think the drivers need to improve before the car is made any better..

Any of the C4 clan going to Aviemore for the prize giving dinner dance?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm
Posts: 63Location: FalkirkJoined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm
I'll be out in the Nemesis - probably sprinting more than the hills as I really enjoyed Boyndie. Lots to learn still so no need for upgrades - just a new clutch master cylinder to fit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm
Posts: 258Location: PictlandJoined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 pm
Since last drives at Doune 2012, Jasag 6 is still alive and bits in boxes. I have lost interest in motorsport . Good luck to anyone, who going to take part in 2018.
Cheers I.D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 947Location: EnglandshireJoined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:00 pm
2.020" wrote:
I have lost interest in motorsport .
Cheers I.D

EEK! :shock: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 am
User avatarPosts: 653Location: AberdeenshireJoined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:38 pm
Pity we won't be seeing you or Jasag out next year.... It would be good to get a decent variety of cars out in C4 next year.... Always a good and competitive class but it would be great to see some of the 'retired' cars and drivers out there back in the paddock :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 am
Posts: 258Location: PictlandJoined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 pm
image wrote:
Pity we won't be seeing you or Jasag out next year.... It would be good to get a decent variety of cars out in C4 next year.... Always a good and competitive class but it would be great to see some of the 'retired' cars and drivers out there back in the paddock :D

I'll be hanging aboot . Helping out my son's car some day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 895Location: AberdeenJoined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 pm
Congratulations Ian.............Sports Libra almost speechless. Hold the presses at the Guiness Book Of Records. :D

Offline Profile